How Your Small Business Can Quickly Capitalize on the Mobile Computing Revolution
More people these days are accessing the web from their mobile devices, and if you’re not at least mapping out a mobile strategy for your small business to secure a piece of this, you’re leaving lots of money on the table. More than half of all local searches are executed on mobile devices of some kind. People are doing business on the fly, shopping and price checking on the way to a store. You simply need to ensure that it’s yours!
Here are five ways to make it happen!
- Having a mobile ready site – Ensuring your website is able to be viewed on any mobile device is a mandatory first step. There is something of an art to developing the mobile version of your website, since the emphasis here is on speed. It is estimated you’ve got about five seconds for your site to load on a mobile device or they’re on to greener pastures. Make sure your site loads fast and looks good! According to Google polling, 52% of users say a bad mobile experience causes them to be a lot less likely to engage with a business.
- Offer deals, coupons and incentives to readers – 29% of web consumers have showed a desire to download a coupon using their mobile device. Be sure to take them up on this!
- Utilizing inexpensive mobile ads – Mobile paid advertising remains somewhat in its infancy, but there is a great deal of opportunity here. Costs are still very low, and you can receive a lot of traffic to your site utilizing mobile ads.
- Create a mobile loyalty program – Employing a mobile platform to create a mobile loyalty program is just a smart thing to do. No longer only used by eating establishments, you can create rabid fans by utilizing a simple, user friendly digital loyalty card application.
- Capitalize on mobile email and SMS – Mobile email is now being opened at a rate of 41%, and is on schedule to surpass the PC by the end of 2013, according to MarketingLand.com. SMS (texting) offers an incredible 95% open rate. Those two statistics alone should be incentive enough to get your small business heavily involved in the mobile side of things!