The age of looking at mobile marketing as just a “fad” or the “next big thing” is over. It’s here, it’s big, and it’s only going to get bigger. A recent survey by the Web.com group discovered that some 69 percent of the people surveyed stated that they thought that mobile marketing would be crucial to their business in the next five years, yet the majority of those hadn’t yet implemented it. With 84 percent of those using mobile marketing reporting a gain due to mobile, there is no longer any excuse for falling further behind!
5 Tips on how to get mobile marketing active in your small business
- Make certain your website and social media are mobile ready! – Take the time required to ensure that your site and major social media pages are mobile ready. There are several significant items that determine whether your pages render well on a mobile device, such as font size, spacing and images files. Have these investigated, so you don’t lose your mobile visitors!
- Claim and optimize your local listings – Be sure that your local listings, such as on Google local, Yelp, FourSquare or other local directories are up to date as far as contact information, directions, and any promotions you’d like to feature.
- Have you optimized your email for mobile? – eConsultancy reports that 41 percent of email is now viewed on a smartphone or tablet, and of that number, a full 63 percent close or delete emails that aren’t mobile optimized. Do not forget to use an email optimized layout, preferably one-column, and a font size of no larger than a 14 for small-screen readers.
- Use Google Analytics – If you’re just guessing about whether or not mobile is working for you, you’re gonna be wasting a lot of time and money. Get hard data which you can use by employing Google Analytics. You will find a mountain of data available, but you can simplify by segmenting smartphone and tablet visitors and analyzing their on-page behavior, allowing you to see how your campaigns are doing.
- Offer irresistible deals – Everyone loves a deal, and mobile shoppers are among the most voracious. Moreover, they’re out and about NOW, and you can attract them with timely offers and coupons.