Everyone has to start somewhere, and social media is just too big a sea of people not to dip your toe into. Instead of allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, have a look at these 15 social media tips here and see if they don’t help you get out of the starting gate and on your way to a vibrant, effective social media presence.
15 Beneficial Social Media Tips
1. Use images in your posts – This is a great way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Post frequently – Logging in and posting every once in a while is just not going to cut it.
3. Respond – Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience.
4. Avoid overselling – Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People dislike pushy salespeople.
5. Be hashtag responsible – Guard against overusing hashtags. While they are useful for increasing user engagement, don’t go crazy here.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Going too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Avoid confrontation – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. Respond and stay professional, and keep your head above the fray.
8. Brevity is key – Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored with you by the time they reach the end.
9. Be active in comments – Always allow users to comment and show up to engage there. Disabling them signals that you don’t care what users have to say.
10. Stay consistent – Use scheduling tools to post when you can’t. Tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and others make this easy.
11. Be visual – Post videos and other graphic content as often as you are able. These get far more engagement and are shared much more than mere text.
12. Focus on a few channels – Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest, pick a few and stay active. While it can be a full time job to do most of them effectively, do the ones you’ve committed to with gusto.
13. Mix it up – Post different types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous – Offer exclusive deals to your audience and encourage them to share with friends. This is one the best uses of social media.
15. Have fun – While you want to stay professional, no one likes a stick in the mud.